Precious Child,
I have been thinking about this letter for awhile now. I want to let you know how wonderfully special you are. When I first found out I was pregnant with you I was so surprised. It took me a bit to wrap my mind around being a mom. It’s not that I didn’t want to be your mom, but I had never really felt like I would be that good at being a mom. I prayed a lot about you being healthy and for our future as a family. I began to see how God was going to use you to help grow Marcus and me in our marriage and in our selflessness. Through these things I became assured that you were going to bless my life.
You have already done so much more than that. Not many people can say they know their purpose in life. I believe that God creates us each with a specific purpose and plan and yours, or one of yours, became evident this fall. You have saved a life! I already feel like you have given me more than I could ever give to you. It is my job as your mother to provide for, care, protect, and love you, but I feel as if no matter what I do I will never be able to repay what you have done.
My mom, your grandma, was having some back pain. She had had this pain for a long time but didn’t want to see a doctor about it. However, when she found about her first grand baby, she could only think about holding you. She went to the doctor to figure out how to heal her back so she could be there for you. It was through this that we learned about her cancer. Something you need to understand about Grandma, or G’mama, is that she is strong and a fighter but stubborn. Even knowing about her cancer, she was resistant to going through treatment. That is until she would think about you, meeting you, kissing you, holding you. You were, and are, her motivation to heal. You gave me my mom, my best friend.
You are truly a gift from God who is destined to do great things. God has used you do bless and heal so many already, and I can only imagine the wonders He has planned for you. Know that every day I am thankful for you. I am thankful that you were gifted to me. I am thankful that you have blessed my family. I am thankful for the joy and love that I know you are going to bring.
Love, Mom
Jeremiah 1:5 (The Message)
5"Before I shaped you in the womb,
I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
that's what I had in mind for you."
I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
that's what I had in mind for you."
“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.” (Psalm 127:3)
Romans 8:28 (New International Version, ©2010)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.
Alexis, this is so precious! I am so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteVery Moving Alexis...:)
ReplyDeleteSara Bond