Thursday, March 31, 2011

My birthday & jury duty

March has always been a big month, and now is even bigger with 2 birthdays to celebrate.  My birthday was last weekend, the 26th.  This year it was hard for me to think of what to do for my party.  In the past we have had costume parties, gone to the casino, or other fun things...but now with baby Walker, those things are slightly harder to do.  I decided I would be the most relaxed if we just grilled out at our house with some friends.  Marcus was in charge of planning and getting everything together, however, he got "fired" by my friend Cortney for not really doing much (in his defense things at work have been super busy).  But, I am glad that Cortney took over!  The party was great and I think everyone had fun.  I occasionally had to hide out in the bedroom to nurse Walker, but otherwise was able to enjoy the party and hang out with our friends. 

Getting ready to make my wish


Cortney made my favorite, Strawberry!


Walker had on a special outfit for mom :)

The girls plus Walker...what a ladies man
 Last week, I was called for jury duty.  This makes my 5th summons that I can remember, possibly 6th.  Unfortunately, (but not really) I have always been unable to attend.  I really didn't want to go this time since Walker is so little and I don't want to leave him with a sitter.  I called my doctor and they gave me a  medical release since I had a c-section and technically am on 8 weeks rest.  So, I took my doctor's note up to the courthouse yesterday and dropped it off for the judge.  This morning, the judge (yes, the judge) called me...yikes.  Well, after we chatted about the baby, my job, how I have been feeling, etc. (he was very friendly), he let me know that I have been released from jury duty this term, but will be summoned again in August.  Ridiculous.  I can't say I have ever been personally called by a judge.  Learning about the different terms helps it make sense why I am always being called.  I think I just keep getting pushed down the list to the next term each time I give one of my excuses...guess I should just "do my civic duty," as Marcus puts it :)

The weekend also had some other adventures, but I will write a separate post about that.

1 comment: