Monday, April 25, 2011

Walker's first Easter and a baby on a diet?

Happy Easter!

I know, this is cruel...

His Easter bunny present

We have been having a great time with Walker this month.  He is growing so fast and you can tell he is soaking up new information like a sponge.  He laughs and smiles all the time and makes the sweetest squeals and coos.  Two Fridays ago, April 15th, I called Walker's doctor's office and spoke to a nurse to check on his spitting up and reflux.  He had been fussing and having a lot of projectile spit-up (yuck and the main reason I cut my hair off).  The nurse recommended that we go ahead and set up an appointment to see the doctor.  Turns out, Walker is just fine and is actually probably over eating rather than reflux.  He weighed in at 13 lbs at 6 weeks old!  The pediatrician recommended that I put him on a schedule to only eat every 3 hours.  I had been feeding him when he seemed hungry, which was anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours.  After over a week at this schedule he is still fussy at about 2 1/2 hours and wants to eat.  I think he is just going to be a hungry boy :)

This month Walker went to his first Razorback event.  We went to the Saturday LSU baseball game.  Our friend was celebrating his birthday in the outfield and we thought we could at least stop by.  It was super windy so I wasn't planning on staying long, but we lucked out and got tickets for the Weichert (where Marcus works) box on the way to the game.  We were able to stay the entire time and see the Razorbacks pull of an amazing win.  Walker did so great and is already a big hog fan.

up in the box after the game

staying up late with pops
bath time with g-mama
Walker also had his first real baby-sitting experience this month.  Marcus and I wanted to go see Randy Rogers in concert one night and my parents were more than happy to watch Walker for us...and probably would have liked us to drop him off even earlier then we did. Marcus and I took Walker out to their house at about 7:30 and left around 8:15.  After the concert, I drove back out there and stayed at my parent's house the rest of the night so they wouldn't have to wake up and feed Walker.  He had a great time and I think was even a little sad to leave ;)  (Now, if you talk to my parents they may or may not mention the one page "tidbits of information"/instruction sheet that I might have left for them...but I will leave that up to them)

missed Camille :(
Nahna was able to visit
This Easter, we went to First United Methodist Church to attend my parent's Sunday school class.  I figured this would be a good way to have some fellowship without having to worry too much about Walker being disruptive (since he makes grunting noises 24/7).  It was fun to go and we always like seeing everyone there.  They were so kind and excited to see Walker.  After church, we went to my parent's for lunch and then out to the Necessary's for dinner.  I am not sure if anyone will remember that I was there because Walker got all of the attention...just kidding, but he was held and loved on by all.  It was an exhausting day filled with fun, love, family, friends, and great food.

So lets see, new things for this month:
- 1st Razorback game
- 1st overnight with a baby-sitter
- 1st Easter
- continuing to make noises (squeals, grunts, giggles, and coos) all the time
- really pushing up and holding head up during tummy time
- kicking and pushing off of with legs
- napped in crib for the first time
- consistent bedtime routine
- falls asleep for bedtime without assistance of rocking or nursing
- sleeping for 5-6 hours at night without waking
- met your great-great-grandmother Wilson
-outgrew 3 month clothes and are now wearing mostly 6 months


5 generations

No comments:

Post a Comment