Monday, December 12, 2011

9 months old

So, this is way behind (again).  Time is flying by and I feel like sometimes I can't keep up time with how fast you are growing and how much you are changing every day.  You amaze me so much with all of the new things you are learning to do and with your sweet and charming personality.  You interact so much with everyone.  It is almost like you are talking with us, because your non-verbals are so good I feel like we are having conversations.  You have a ton of facial expressions that range from frustrated to happy.  You also like to throw in the "are you for real mom" face a lot. 

I am still staying at home with you most of the time and working about 5 hours a week.  On Mondays, you continue to go to mom's day out at the church.  They absolutely love you there.  We had to miss one time last week because you had your first ear infection and your teachers said they missed you so much.  I work at my office on Mondays when you are at mom's day out.  Tuesdays, we usually hang out together and run errands.  Sometimes, I have clients Tuesday evenings and you stay with your grandparents or a baby sitter.  One time you even got to go with dad to his "guy's night".  You had so much fun and they liked having you there.  Wednesdays, we go to a mommy and me gym class in the morning and then Madison comes over to watch you from 4:30-7:30 while I work.  The gym class is great and we learn lots of new things to practice at home.  You can do summer salts and roll on the balance beam (with help of course :) ).  Thursdays are play date days and Fridays we usually relax.  I know I say this all the time, but I am still so thankful to be home with you! 

We went for your 9 month check-up on the 6th.  You weigh 20.13 lbs (around 60th percentile) and are 27.5 inches long (around 25th percentile).  Your head circumference is like 96th percentile though, which you get from your dad.  You are developing and growing right on track.  I was a little worried that you hadn't gained weight in over 2 months, but your doctor said that is very normal for breastfed babies. 

You are eating 3 meals a day plus an afternoon snack and nursing 4 times a day.  For each meal you usually eat 8-12 oz of food.  We have started giving you finger foods, which you think is awesome!  You love to feed yourself carrots, apples, pears, peaches, green beans, peas, chicken, and anything else that you see me eating.  Even if you don't like something you still eat it all, which cracks me up because you make really funny faces the whole time. 

We still have the same bedtime routine and get you to bed about 7:20.  You will sleep through the night until about 7:30 or 8.  We will have breakfast and play for a couple of hours and then you take a nap.  Sometimes this nap lasts for 2 hours and gives me time to get things done around the house.  We will then play some more and eat lunch before your second nap.  This nap is usually around 1:00 and only lasts about an hour.  Then we eat a snack, play, and wait for dad to come home. 

New skills you can do:
-army crawl (crawling on your belly by pulling yourself along with your arms.  you are surprisingly fast at this)
-cruising along furniture
-lots of ah's and squeals, but no consistent babbling
-pulling yourself to a standing position
-recognize familiar faces
-recognize words

you tried my apple, but don't worry I didn't let you really eat it this way

some days I like to give you a mohawk...after nap time it usually looks like this

you are my e*trade baby :)...and now my shift button is gone so no more computer for you

I imagine that you are saying "i love you mommy"

morning play time.  I have to push the toy up against the couch, otherwise you push it around the room and I have to follow behind you.

Our November photo for your monthly pictures

playing in your room

We had a play date at Sam's for their Taste of Sam's menu.  I think Nora was more excited than you :)

You still LOVE bath time

You get pretty messy when you eat

We went to Chili's with G-mama.  I love that you have your mouth wide open in excitement.

You got to meet baby Addy and see your friend Amy again


You were being super silly...and this was right after we found out you had a cold and an ear infection

This is your "so what, I pulled off my bib after you told me not.  what are you going to do about it" face.

and then this is your "yay, i am so messy" face
 
(see above caption)

The best present ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment