I can't even believe it has already been a year! I can remember so vividly being in the hospital and getting to meet you. I remember our first night with you and all of the wonderful, crazy emotions. I will admit that I have been sort of an emotional wreck this past week before your birthday. I feel like everything went by so fast and that you are getting too big :) I treasure each day from this last year with you can feel so incredibly blessed that I got to be with you every day. I know each year will be amazing and I will probably be a mess every year on your birthday......
Let's see if I can remember everything you did in February during your eleventh month.

We played out side a lot this month. The weather was surprisingly pleasant and you absolutely love being inside. You will scream and cry when we have to go inside 75% of the time. You have discovered grass and love to pull it up. I am sure your dad appreciates that :)
You celebrated your first Valentine's day, but were sick with an ear infection so you were stuck with me all day instead of going to mom's day out and getting to spend it with your teachers. I didn't mind one bit :) Your ear infection was not that bad, but you had a fever of 102 for 48 hours and it made us both feel better to cuddle.
You had your first visit to the eye doctor. The pediatrician recommended that we get your eyes check out before you turn one as a standard for all babies. You were not too fond of the exam but you passed and we don't have to worry about going back unless we see something concerning.

You got really good at crawling and cruising the furniture during the first half of the month, and by the second half you were full out walking. I am a Nervous Nancy though because sometimes you fall and hit your head. It is not fun to watch, but you are getting so fast. Sometimes I will walk into a room to put something away and by the time I turn around you have snuck up right behind me. You love to play chase and tag. You will scream and giggle when we come and chase you. You also spend most of your time at home chasing Ella. She doesn't seem to mind though because she will come to you and then wander around while you try and catch her.
You refuse to wear shoes, but have gotten better about keeping your socks on. If I put shoes on your feet you hold your legs up and growl until I take them off. It is kind of funny, but hopefully you will grow out of this soon. I get some weird looks from people for not having shoes on you.
I am still staying at home with you and we get to go to the park or do other fun things together. Most of the time we run errands and go for long walks. You love to be around other kids and watch them play, so a park is the perfect place for us to hang out.

You are still such a good eater. Blueberry pancakes are your favorite breakfast food. You get so impatient with me when I am getting it ready because you are ready to eat. You have also figured out how to sign "eat" and "more." I am still working with you on "bath," "all done," "change," "drink," and "please." You have almost transitioned completely to regular milk. We still nurse in the mornings, but the other times are irregular depending on what we are doing or if I am home with you. You have three meals and two snacks every day. You still sleep from 7-7 and take a bath at 6:30.

You love to share things with me when you are playing. You will make a sound like, "eh" and then hand me a toy. A lot of times I will have toys piled in my lap and you won't have much to play with. You are too sweet. You also love balls. You like to throw them, roll them, and push them. You then chase after them and play this until you are bored.


I have started doing more sensory play games with you during the week. This helps keep me from getting bored, is great for your sensory processing, and I already have all of the stuff at my office. One of the first things we did was yogurt finger painting. It did not really go as I had planned because rather than playing and mixing the colors, you just ate all the yogurt :) I guess I should have known that is what you would do. We have also done sensory bins with puff palls and sparkle balls. I look forward to doing more activities with you as your attention span increases and I can trust you not to eat the supplies.

You and I made a spontaneous road trip to Dallas. Your Nahna (dad's mom) was having surgery so we packed up the car and headed out. I was pretty nervous about a five hour drive with you because you are so active, but you did great. I tried to keep you entertained with a couple of new toys and books, along with snack, and an hour lunch break to stretch our legs. You were fabulous in the hotel and at Nahna's house. She said she loved having us and that you made the surgery so much easier because she knew she would get to play with you once it was finished.
sippy cups, diaper bag, bag of toys for the car, my purse, train to push around, high chair, and pack and play to sleep in. Luckily, I have a large car and I was of the mind set that I would rather have something I need then wish I had brought something. I was glad that I brought everything and we ended up using it, except some of the food.
 |
| our stuff packed up in the hotel |
 |
| with Nahna |
 |
| Hanging out at Denny's getting a break from the car |

You got your second hair cut this month. It had gotten really long again over your ears and the back of your neck. This time it was a big boy hair cut and made you look so grown up.
 |
| you love to eat spaghetti or anything with lots of sauce. |
 |
| a family photo from nora's birthday party |
 |
| playing at g-mama's house |
Your weigh 23lbs and are 29 inches long. That puts you about 60% for weight and 25% for height. Your head however is like 85th percentile. You get that from your dad. Your eyes are about as blue as they can get and your hair is blonde. Your skin has a bit of an orange tint, which the doctor says is because you like to eat your orange veggies :) You love to have play mates and are awesome at going to sleep on your own. I am very thankful that we did the eat, play, sleep schedule with you when you were a baby. I think having a routine in our day and staying on a schedule has really helped us during this first year.
No comments:
Post a Comment