Monday, October 18, 2010

Awesome Parents

My parents are the best!  For two weeks in a row they have come up to Bentonville to bring Marcus and me dinner when I was sick.  That is an hour and a half drive for them in rush hour traffic.  I am so lucky!  It is pretty rare for me to stay home from work, but two weeks ago on Thursday and last Thursday I had to reschedule my clients...this whole pregnancy thing is really messing with my schedule...Anyway, lately when I get sick I call Marcus and complain to him first, but then I call my mom and see if she thinks I need to call my doctor.  My mom, because she is so great, then tells me to stay in bed and that she is going to bring us dinner so I don't have to worry about it.  SO GREAT! 

This Thursday when they came to visit they got to watch the baby ultrasound movie (a possible ulterior motive to coming to visit).  It is about 20 minutes of the baby moving around and all the different views (minus the boy/girl parts).  I love that we were able to document the ultrasound so my parents could experience it and I can watch it over and over, which I do...not to mention kiss the little picture each night before bed...I know I am sorta crazy, but it is weird to have such a strong desire to hold and touch this baby but to have an impermeable barrier between us. 

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment