Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finally, some good news

As you know from my previous blog, these past couple of weeks have been hard.  However, on Friday we had a doctor's appointment for my mom.  I say 'we' because I tagged along.  The doctor informed all of us (there were 5 of us in the room) that her cancer is only in her breast and bones, not in her lungs, liver, or brain.  This was great news.  He also said that the best treatment option for her will be hormone replacement therapy, which is one pill a day.  That means no surgery and no chemotherapy.  I guess we were expecting the worst, because this news felt like we had just won the lottery.  We still have a long road ahead of us, but my mom can't wait to ride her motorcycle now that she has received good news. 
Here is a website that you can check for her updates, etc. http://www.mylifeline.org/JeanPharr/?page=sharing.cfm 

I had planned my Friday around receiving bad news at the doctor's office, but since that didn't happen I was able to go see some kiddos for work and then hang with some friends that night.  Scott and Brenna returned from their honeymoon on Thursday and came over to hang out.  Brenna even brought me an owl from Mexico for the baby's room.  It is super cute.  We grilled, hung out, and talked.  I love just relaxing with friends after a long week.  Kelly and Cortney Carlson also stopped by to discuss a charity event for next weekend.  We have to dress up as a decade.  Any suggestions on what a 6 month pregnant girl can be would be great...

Saturday, I attempted some sewing.  I made a blanket for the baby.  It came out kinda straight, but is really soft.  I wish I had one in my size :) 

 Later, Marcus and I went to the Razorback game.  It was freezing!  Luckily, my husband is pretty resourceful and thought to bring his grill, not to cook with but as a fire pit.  We all sat around this before and after the game tailgating.  It was great, except I still smell like smoke.  The best part about Saturday was driving home from the game.  We pulled into our neighborhood and noticed that some people already had their Christmas lights on.  Marcus (who calls himself the Grinch)
made some snide comment about these people.  We turned onto our street and see that our neighbors have their lights up.  We all laughed and made some comments.  We pulled up closer and realized that nope, it wasn't our neighbor's, but our house with lights up and on.  I started laughing really hard and Marcus, with a huge smile on his face, was so confused about how this happened.  I knew right away to text our friends Kelly and Cortney and thank them for helping Marcus be less "Grinch-like" this year.  It was a great surprise, but now I am super antsy to get out the rest of the decorations...maybe next weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment