Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I have never liked Halloween or November and this year is no exception

I don't like Halloween and I blame it on a traumatic experience when I was younger on Halloween eve (I'm a therapist so I am trained to diagnosis these types of things).  To make a long story short, I accidentally murdered one of my hamsters, which is a horrible thing for a second grader.  Anyway, Halloween this year was not much better.  My parents came over to help paint the baby's room (which was so much help, thanks guys), but we ended up talking about my mom and found out that she is sick.  It's a long story, but she has a long fight ahead of her.  She is the strongest woman I know, so if anyone can battle through this it is her.  However, after this news I was not in the mood for trick-or-treaters.  That left Marcus to do all of the candy-passing-out.  He ran out after about 10 kids because he was giving them like 5 pieces each, ok not really, but he was giving them too much. 
I am not a fan of November either because it is rainy, cold, you never know what to wear, and everything is dying outside.  It also prolongs my wait until Christmas.  Just imagine, if we didn't have November it would almost be Christmas, JOY!  November also seems to be the hardest month for my clients.  They all go into crisis, my world is over, mode.  But this year it is not only my clients in that mode, but my family and me.  We have had a long two weeks and these next couple are going to be stressful too.  However, soon December comes.   

Let's see though, more positive things...I do have a pretty cute story from today with a kiddo.  He is the little one who has named my baby 'Bamboo.'  I found out that this is the boy name for Bambi, which is his favorite movie.  He asked me today if my baby was still there and if it was ok.  He then asked, "when is it going to come out."  After that he told me that he wants to be friends with him and that I need to bring him to play with us.  At the end of our session he said bye to me, gave me a hug, and then placed his hand on my belly.  He looked at the belly and asked the baby to kick.  He then loudly exclaimed, "I felt his thumb!!"  I had to hold in my laughter because he was completely serious.  It was sweet.  It is those sort of moments that make me love my job. 
On other baby news, I am feeling well and obviously eating well because I went through a very large weight gain this month.  So much so, that my doctor suggested I watch my serving size and what I eat.  Yikes!  The baby is doing well though.  It moves constantly, and I mean non-stop!  I don't think it sleeps.  Today, when the doctor was looking for the heart beat, the baby would kick wherever she placed the doppler and move away.  It took her awhile to find the heartbeat because baby would not be still.  Luckily, she thought it was amusing, but in my mind I am thinking, "great, I already have an ADHD, defiant child" (just kidding, I don't really think that,well, not all the time.) 

The baby's room is coming along nicely.  My goal was to have it finished before the new year and I think it might happen.  We have it painted, the crib set up, the dresser set up, and some of the wall decor ready to be hung up.  I am procrastinating making the curtains though.  I have found the perfect fabric, but am pretty nervous about screwing it up.  I am not that confident in my sewing skills yet...but a baby won't notice an unstraight seam right ;) 
This is the tree we are going to put up by the crib.  Our crib is a dark brown.  I will post pictures of the room once we are finished. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Alexis, I found your blog from your dad's facebook page. I hope you don't mind. Your mom and dad are such special people and I love them dearly. They have taught our Sunday school class for the past several years. I want you to know that we are praying for all of you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for any of you.

    ReplyDelete