This post is a little belated, but I still wanted to share. This year was more monumental than most Independence Days for Marcus and me. Every year we go out to the Necessary's (Grandma and Grandpa's) for a big get together and fireworks. Last year, I found out after the fireworks that I was no longer going to be as independent as I had planned...we were pregnant! This year, we came home with baby Walker. Kinda crazy how fast time flies. Marcus and I were not trying to get pregnant, so finding out was a HUGE surprise. I remember spending the rest of that summer, fall, and (honestly) spring being so apprehensive about the whole "mom thing." I was just so unsure of myself. While I still have many, many moments of "I have no clue what I am doing," I feel like Walker and I have this baby-momma thing down ok. I am wonderfully surprised every day how much my life has changed since the last 4th of July and I look forward to continuing to grow and change.
![]() |
| Our family |
![]() |
| From youngest to oldest...hard to tell since Walker is the biggest... |
![]() |
| Playing with Dany, his babysitter (he got too hot in his clothes, poor guy sweats all the time) |
![]() |
| The Necessary's |
![]() |
| The "firework" sugar cookies Alexia and I made |
![]() |
| Alexia working on the blackberry cobbler |
![]() |
| Derek and Marcus working on the peach cobbler |
No comments:
Post a Comment