I am going to start taking up some new hobbies now that Walker and I have a schedule (but really the only thing consistent is that it always changes, but we are trying :) ). He is napping for about two hours every afternoon and still has a small morning and evening nap too. This has been giving me plenty of time to think of new things that I want to do. Now, if Marcus read this he would say that this time should be used for cleaning, cooking, etc., but I can only do so much of that before I feel blah. So, I have decided to learn how to bake, and I mean really bake, from scratch. I am also going to work on my crafting skills and try to redecorate our home. My goal is to create one baked good a week and one new craft a week. I miss being able to have an answer to the question, "so what did you do today?", besides raising a child of course. I have learned that I am someone who needs to see a product to feel like I have accomplished something. I also think that baking and crafting are two skills that will benefit me as a mom and are things that, honestly, I should probably have learned a long time ago. But anyhow, I am learning them now.
Last week, I baked my first pie. I started with the traditional apple pie from Better Homes cook book. It turned out decent, but not great. I think I will go with a different kind of apple next time.
 |
| I used Granny Smith apples, but they ended up more sour than I would have liked |
 |
| Before going into the oven |
 |
| My sous chef needed a nap while the pie baked |
 |
| At least I didn't burn it, but I need to work on rolling out my crust |
 |
| yummy |
For my craft, I did a lot of sewing. I sewed some burp cloths (which I already had started) and then began a new project of a Bapron. I got the pattern off of a blog that I read and made one. It was super easy and my new go-to baby shower gift. I don't want to post any pictures because I am planning on giving a couple to friends and I want them to be surprised about what a Bapron is.
This week has been a little busy and has cramped my baking/crafting time, but I should be able to work on them tomorrow and Saturday. I am going to try a Key Lime Pie with Meringue and redoing our lamps and lamp shades in the living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment