Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Latest crafts and desserts

I have continued with my weekly goal of a craft and new baked good pretty well.  However, last week I did two crafts instead of baking...it seems that when I bake no one eats it and it just goes to waste.  That makes it sound like it is bad, but I promise that they taste good, we just don't eat pies and things like that around here very often. 

I have been playing around on pinterest (check it out if you haven't) a lot lately and saw a "taggy" blanket.  I decided to give it a try with some left over ribbons from the diaper cake at my baby shower and some left over fabric.  I think for my first time it turned out ok.  Walker loves it already, which is all that matters. 


I also baked a turtle cheesecake, which was delicious and I ended up giving to my dad because we were going out of town and I didn't want it to go to waste. 


Last week I worked on party decorations for Walker's dedication this weekend.  I will post pictures of them after the party.  And this week, I have already made another taggy blanket, a bib, and burp cloth for a friend, and two pillow covers for my living room.  I still have a few more things I want to make for the celebration this weekend, so I don't think I will be doing much baking...except for the cupcakes from a box, which doesn't really count.

No comments:

Post a Comment