Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pillows and cookies

I am still working on sprucing up the living room.  I figured the next step would be some slipcovers for the couches.  I had some leftover fabric and found a website that showed how to make an envelope slipcover.  I was able to make two of these one evening.  They were so easy.  I am excited to make four more with fabric that will tie together our couches with the new rug. 

before

after
I also made some homemade oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies.  I am trying to eat lots of oats to help with feedings for Walker, and combining this with chocolate is perfect.  I had the best excuse to eat as many cookies as I wanted.  This time I used my Betty Crocker cook book and was really pleased with the way they turned out.  (I forgot to take a picture, but I promise I didn't burn them :) ).

Speaking of cookies, I have found a little bit of heaven and thought I should share it.  It is the new triple double Oreo.  I have always been a huge Oreo fan, eating them nightly during my college days in the sorority house.  I think the only time that I didn't eat them regularly was when I was pregnant and trying to watch my sweets.  When I showed Marcus my glorious find, the first thing he asked was, "how many calories are there in one cookie" (such a girl ;) ).  This thought never crossed my mind, but he checked and...holy cow, there are 100 calories per cookie, yikes.  However, even with that knowledge I only ate 3 that evening.  Imagine how many I would have had if I didn't know how awful they are for you.  Everyone has to have their vice right? 
AMAZING.  Just imagine the twisting and dunking possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment