Here are some new things that you have learned to do this past month:
- sign for more and please (you are already do eat)
- walk around outside easily
- walk from the car to the front door
- carry the newspaper in for dad
- watch out the window when dad leaves for work and you tell him "bye"
New experiences this month:
- visited the easter bunny
- first easter egg hung
- played at the park with Grandpa and Grandma Walker
- played at the Chick-fil-A play place
- went to your pre-school for a full day
You communicate so well, but you don't say many words. You love to say "hi" and "bye", along with "uh-oh." You shake your head no when you don't want something and are very aware of the sign "all done." Swings are one of your favorite things to do. You will go to the door and sign "please," letting me know you want to go outside and swing. You still love to eat and have yet to find something that you don't like.
Our weekly routine is still pretty much the same, except I am trying to give you a little more space :) You usually start to get antsy for something to do or somewhere to go by about 9:30 every morning. On Mondays, you go to mom's day out. On Tuesdays, you have started going to pre-school. I don't usually drop you off until the afternoon, but you stay until 6:30 when dad picks you up. I am working on getting my clients on just Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, and this gives you and dad an evening alone. He is loving it and always has fun videos for me to watch of you guys playing. On Wednesdays, we hang out and run around town and then Madison comes over at 4:00 to watch you while I see a couple of clients. Thursdays, it is you and me all day, and Fridays you sometimes go to school for a couple of hours or we just hang out all day. It depends on if I have appointments or not. I thought I would regret taking you to pre-school since I could stay at home with you everyday, but I have really prayed and thought a lot about it. For you and me, this schedule is great. You absolutely love going and playing with your teachers and friends, and I honestly feel like you are happier when you get to do this. We get a lot of time just the two of us, so I think the socialization at school is also very helpful for you and something that I can't really give you when it is just you and me. I miss you so so much when you are gone (I even stalked you at school twice by stopping by and watching you on their tv monitors for hours at a time...I am seriously a crazy stalker mom...). I have your schedule memorized and think about what you could be doing all the time. I constantly pray for you and that you are safe and having fun. I know this is just the beginning of the many struggles I will have with giving you some space and letting you grow up, but yikes, it is really hard. I would be totally fine if you stopped growing so fast and stayed my little baby forever :)
Thank you for being such an amazing kid and a bright light in our lives. You have so many who love you and crave spending time with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment