Thursday, November 15, 2012

Walker - 20 months

October has been another wonderful month for us.  We did many new and fun things and you continue to surprise us daily with how smart you are.  Our fall schedule is working out really great.  You go to Mom's Day Out on Monday's and Thursday's while I see clients, and then Tuesday's when I have bible study, and Wednesday's when I volunteer at the church.  That leaves Friday's for our all day hang out.  However, most Friday's you grab your backpack and tell me you want to go play.  I love that you love going to "school."  You have learned so much there and the social time, even it is just 2 hours, is perfect for you.  I do my best to entertain you and stimulate with new things, but it is not the same as being around other kids. 

We had your 18th month check up this month...even though you were 20 months...I'm a little behind.  You are 75% in weight (30lbs), 40% in height, and 98% in head size (you can blame your dad for that one).  Your teeth have really come in and I think you are almost finished for a little bit.  I have been praying that they all come before the baby ;)  You did pretty great with teething.  The only reason we really knew you weren't feeling well is because you would get congested and not sleep well at night.  Typically you sleep 7:30-8ish, but after the time change you are waking up at 7:30. 

You are not interested or clued into the fact that I am pregnant.  We try and talk about the new baby, and even bought you a big brother book, but you don't like it.  You are however, very protective of my belly.  Only you and dad are allowed to touch it.  I get a big kick out of this,  Unfortunately, I am back to being pretty tired by late afternoon since I hit the third trimester.  It makes it hard to keep up with you and play games. 

You are also talking much more this month.  You learned and said your first bible memory verse!  It is so cute!!  We were driving in the car and I hear you going "made  me" and using your signs.  Then I started to help you and we would say, "God made me" and you would clap.  You also like to sign with Jesus Loves Me.  You can start signing the beginning of the alphabet and are really trying to count to ten, but usually end up saying 2, 3, 8, 9, 9.  I love that you are interested in learning so much.  You know all of the alphabet letters now and try to write them, but it is just scribbles :)



You can get into everything now.  I found you trying to eat wrapped candy.
Bath time is still a highlight of the day
You have become obsessed with football.  We don't have the tv on much, but if we do it is football or elmo.  You like to go grab your football, run around, and then fall to the floor like you were tackled.  It is hilarious.
You loved the petting zoo at the corn maze.  I was nervous to take you, but you were very gentle and sweet with the animals.
Add caption
Pa went with us to the corn maze and you loved having him there to hold you up high.
You asked to go for a walk in our new double stroller.  I felt kinda strange just having one baby in it, but it was good practice for both of us I guess.
Your first bowl of cereal with milk.  I would say you were a little excited
Worn out from playing at school.
Pa Pa took you to Toyland First Friday on the square.  There were a ton of people but you had a fun time.


You got to pick out your own pumpkins and thought that was pretty great.











 
I can't wait to see you as a big brother. I know you will be great and try to teach the new baby so many new things. I know things will change a lot and our schedule won't get to be as structured, but I am praying that I will know how to give you what you need. You are my only focus the majority of the time, and we are both going to have to adjust to changes. But until then, it is just you and me...well, I guess dad too :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment