Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Shower Time

Wow!  We have been so blessed.  I never imagined that 1, a baby needs all of this stuff, and 2, that we would be shown so much love, generosity, and support during this time.  To be honest I was sort of hesitant about the baby showers because I always feel so awkward and embarrassed at them, but I really enjoyed being able to see everyone and have everyone meet each other.  Each shower was a great memory that I will share with baby Necessary and show pictures of the wonderful people that helped us start our family together.

The first shower was Saturday, Jan. 8th.  This shower was hosted by Alexia (my sister-in-law), Brenna, and Christy.  They did a super cute owl and story book theme.  They were so creative with the food and decorations.  Each food item even had a baby book to go with it, like the bagels had a baby book about bagels.  They really out did themselves for the shower.  This shower was also great because I had my old and new friends come.  My sister was also still in town and was able to come too, which was great! 


super cute owl cupcakes...strawberry too, my favorite



My mom and sister getting their practice in with baby Rowan (Megan Coger's sweet baby)

I obviously need more practice :)

The second shower was the following day, Jan. 9th.  This shower was hosted by Patsy, Susan, Jetty, Helen, Sara, and Courtney.  I have known these wonderful ladies since I was born (many helped with my mom's baby shower for me) and they even had to put up with me in class at Fayetteville High School.  This shower was also an owl theme and the guests were asked to bring baby books in lieu of cards.  I now have an ample supply of baby books to read to baby Necessary :)  .  This shower was great for my mom and me both.  My mom got to see all of her old work friends and catch up with them, and I got to see them too and share with them how much I appreciate their support for my family and my mom.  Again, the women here were so generous and giving, that I received more than I expected for the baby. 

Precious owl petit fours


Very practical and cute centerpiece

Only at a teacher shower would you discuss math problems...

showing off some of my gifts

My dad stopped by for a few minutes and braved the estrogen
Today, was my 3rd shower.  I was really looking forward to this one because it was not only for the women from my church but also my family members.  I always enjoy when my different family sides can get together and hang out.  This shower was hosted by Ashley Lamb, Beth Wilkins, Carol Sappington, Mabel Wagoner, Paula Irwin, and Virginia VanEs.  It was beautiful and so well done.  You could tell these women are pros at hosting.  They helped me feel comfortable and manage my time with gifts and guests.  It was also a cute owl theme (hope you are noticing a trend...).  I, unfortunately, didn't take many pictures but have a couple of the hostesses and decorations.
The hostesses.  Ashley made that great wreath!!!

Beautiful flowers and yummy food surrounded by cute owls, perfect :)

I debated over posting this one, but I figured everyone saw me today so why not...33 1/2 weeks...don't know how I could get any bigger but I am sure I will...

My gift opening assistant Brianna, Marcus's cousin
So, if you didn't notice, I really like owls.  Marcus and I are waiting to find out the gender of the baby and to help me not go crazy when planning the nursery, etc. I just took all of my old sorority owl decor and spray painted it brown and green to make a gender neutral nursery.  It has actually turned out ok and been kind of easy since owls are trendy right now.  I realize, however, that I made it really challenging to host a shower for me since we didn't know the gender of the baby.  But, all of the hostesses did so great and I absolutely loved all of the owl-ness.  What's even better is that I still get to celebrate with my co-workers from Vista and my co-workers from Cooper in February, so I am sure you will read about those and the fun women I get to work with.  Also, the nursery is basically finished and I will try and post some pictures of that soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment