Sunday, January 23, 2011

Marcus turns 30!

Marcus turned 30 on Friday the 21st.  I had been giving him a hard time about it all week, which was great, but I am sure I will pay when it is my turn in a couple of years.  I have been worried all month if I would have any energy for his birthday or to plan his birthday party...but luckily I had a few snow days to help me find some time. 

Thursday was a surprise snow day for the schools and my office closed, which meant I had no clients to see.  I did, however, audit some charts and work on getting my paperwork in order for maternity leave.  The bummer about this day was that I woke up feeling kinda sick.  So, I went to walmart to get party supplies after work and then just relaxed at home Thursday night.

The schools were closed again on Friday.  This time they announced it the evening before, which is so much better because you don't have to set your alarm and worry about getting up early (not that I am doing much sleeping in these days).  I was able to wake up and fix Marcus some pumpkin muffins for breakfast and we just sat around and relaxed in the morning.  For his birthday lunch, his dad took us to Fred's for the 'all you can eat' catfish...but,  sad story, the supply truck didn't make it in the weather so they were out of catfish.  We did however get some good bar-b-que.  I spent the rest of Friday getting ready for Marcus's b-day party and taking naps...I was still pretty sick. 

The party turned out ok, but I think it might have been a little better if I had put in more effort and energy...maybe next time when I am not 8 months pregnant and sick.  It was a "Big Lebowski" theme so we had a Wii bowling tournament and decorations to match.  I had a great time and think Marcus had great friends around him to help ease into 30.  As of now, he still claims not to feel any different...we'll see how long before the hearing and eye sight goes, just kidding :)

Here are some pictures from the party:
The 'In-N-Out burgers, toe cookies (with a fake toe centerpiece), bowling pin cupcakes, and other some other munchies)

This was my drink, Sarsaparilla (really A&W root beer)

Cortney made Marcus this awesome shirt so he put it on before blowing out his candles.  It says, "30 years of yuppie" on the back :)

My yuppie and me

No comments:

Post a Comment