I am a little bit behind on my blogging, but I have been going non-stop since mid December. I hosted my office Christmas party on Dec. 16th and then left for my first trip to New York on the 18th. My sister lives in Brooklyn and works down town Manhattan close to Central Park. My mom and I decided it would be fun to take a girls' trip to go and visit her. I was a little nervous about flying and traveling since I was 29 weeks pregnant but it worked out fine.
Our first day there we went to Chinatown, Little Italy, Ground Zero, the Financial District, Union Square Holiday Market, Bryant Park Holiday Market, and Times Square. We covered a lot of ground and I was so tired by the end of the day.
 |
| Camille, My mom's friend Karen (she joined us on the trip all the way from Minneapolis), and Mom |
 |
| Union Square. It was like a craft fair but with shops from NY. |
 |
| Times Square...brrrr, so cold |
The second day we went to Greenwich Village and visited The New School. We had a delicious lunch at Bar 6 and then went to SoHo. Again, being much heavier than my legs are used to carrying around, I was exhausted before dinner so we went back to our amazing apartment and ordered dinner.
 |
| We became pros at getting around using the subway...and it is true, people get up to make room for the pregnant lady... |
The third day was my favorite. We went to FI:AF to see where Camille, my sister, works. She introduced us to her co-workers and gave us the full tour. We then saw Central Park, The Plaza Hotel, 5th Avenue Christmas window displays, The Modern for lunch, Rockefeller Center, and 30 Rock. We were going to go into MOMA but it was closed. However, we ended our trip on the perfect note. We ate a delicious dinner at Rockefeller Center by the tree and watching the ice skating rink. I mentioned to my mom how great it would be to see someone propose, and then about 45 minutes later it happened. So romantic!
 |
| The buildings and windows were beautiful |
 |
| At dinner watching the ice skating and getting to stare at the beautiful tree |
Before we had to catch our plane we were able to go to the Brooklyn Museum and see the Norman Rockwell exhibit. I am not one for museums, but his work was really amazing to see. As fun as the trip was, I think my mom and I were both very glad to be home. This was a trip that I will always remember, but not because of the fun things we did or saw, but because of the time I got to spend with my mom and sis.
No comments:
Post a Comment