I am loving this age. Walker is so interactive and playful. He laughs all the time and is constantly exploring. He rarely stays still except to sleep. He is very efficient at rolling or scooting to get to something that he wants...usually my phone, his pacifier, or the remote.
New firsts:
-pulling up and holding onto something by yourself
-scooting by yourself to get something
-cried when I left you at mom's day out (but only for a second)
-baby food with chicken and turkey
-Halloween
-trip to California
-plane ride
-saying "baba", "mama", and "dada"
-pop your mouth open and shut to hear the noise
-first cold
-mom got sick and grandpa watched you
Your schedule is still the same. You wake up at 7 and nurse, eat breakfast with mom at 8, play until 9 and then take a morning nap. Then you nurse again at 11, eat lunch with mom at 12, and play until 1 or so. You take an afternoon nap usually 1-2:30. You nurse again at 3 and then we play until dinner. Then if the weather is nice we go for a walk. You nurse for the last time at 7, take a bath, get your bedtime massage, and then go to bed. We rock for a couple of songs and then our prayers, and then I put you in your crib. You usually fuss for a few minutes and then fall asleep. Some nights you cry more than others, but dad and I will check on you and help you find your pacifier if you have lost it. You are great at sleeping and usually sleep all night long.
Still no teeth or any signs of teeth. I am hoping that they all some in at once so we only have a couple of bad days and then it is over :) You are also much more clingy to me these last couple of weeks. If I am not around you will let others hold you and play with you, but if I am in the room your just want me to be with you. When it is the two of us at home, you usually fuss or whine until I sit with you and play. I still try to give you some time by yourself to play so that you won't expect me around all the time, but it is hard because I love playing with you and I hate hearing you cry. I think this is just a phase and soon enough you won't even care if I am around, so I am trying to enjoy you acting like you need me.
I am so proud of you and absolutely love watching you learn and grow. I have started working with you on baby sign language and going to a mommy and me gym class. The sign language will hopefully help you communicate with me easier and the gym class is a fun time for the two of us to socialize and play with other babies.
I am still very hormonal, I'll admit it :) I cry at anything still and feel big ups and downs. I used to be a pretty consistent person emotionally so these highs and lows are new for me. It is not like they last long, and it is probably good for me to have them...I just have to get used to them. So much about me has changed these last eight months and I am still adjusting to them. I was talking to Marcus the other day about how I feel so different than I did last year. Walker was an amazing surprise for us, so sometimes I feel like I was rushed into these changes of becoming a mom, but more often I feel that even if I had been prepared for a child these changes would still be hard to get adjusted to. I have so many new and wonderful joys, and so many new and crazy worries that I have to (really, get to) pray about. My daily routine is completely different and my purpose is completely changed. Before my focus was on helping my clients and on my marriage. Now it is on growing my family. I still enjoy my work and love the days I get to see my clients, but somehow it is different now. I feel like I am on this crazy journey and each month it is interesting for me to look back and see how I am doing at adjusting (guess that is the counselor in me).
(I am having issues with loading pictures :( , but I think most of them are on the other posts anyway...)
No comments:
Post a Comment