My neighbor Alexis and I got together on Sunday for our second round of freezer cooking. The last month cost us each about $150 and lasted me about a month and her at least two (she still has a couple of things even). We wanted to have some meals planned for the colder days and during the busy holidays when things start to get kind of hectic. Our plan is to have this food last until about January, when we will probably do another round. This time however, it was only $110 per person and we made more food. I think since we did more chicken meals and less produce it was cheaper.
Each recipe makes 2 meals worth. Our menu was:
Harvest Pancakes (made with butternut squash)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (this made so much!)
Taco Soup
Chicken and Stuffing Bake
Ham and Cheese Quesadillas (perfect for lunch)
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Sausage and Potato Casserole (Diet)
Baked Mac & Cheese (Diet)
Chicken Taco Chili (Diet)
Baked Potato Soup (Diet)
Butternut Squash Soup (Diet)
I also made a few of the recipes for 6 and gave 2 of the servings to my parents so that on days when my mom is tired she won't have to stress about dinner.
All in all it took us from 2:00 in the afternoon until 8:00. I was completely exhausted and my back hurt but I felt super productive. It is totally worth it to not have to worry about getting dinner on time and getting a bunch of groceries at Walmart each week Plus, there is no clean up!
Walker had plenty of awesome baby sitters while I worked on the food. Marcus, my mom, Jetty, and Sandy, all took turns playing with him. I doubt he even noticed I was gone :)
No comments:
Post a Comment