Friday, January 6, 2012

6th Annual Necessary New Year's

We had our annual new year's eve party this year.  I wasn't really planning on doing much for new year's, but this worked out great.  Alexis, my neighbor, was having her mom watch their son and said that she could also watch Walker.  I loved the idea of having him right next door just in case.  Brenna was the mastermind behind the whole evening.  She set up appetizers at our house and then for a car to pick us up and take everyone to Mermaids in Fayetteville.  Marcus and I took our own car though, I know lame, but I am paranoid about something happening with Walker and wanted to be able to leave if we needed.  Anyway, dinner was great.  The car then brought the rest of the crew back to our house. 

sorry for the flash.  this was us at dinner

I had a "smores bar" set up to go with the fire pit outside and then chocolate fondue and dippers inside.  There were also other little munchies too.  We had fun and hung out until it was time to ring in the new year.  I really enjoyed the group of people that came and celebrated with us.  It is a fairly new group for me to hang out with and I always have fun when I am with them.  I look forward to hanging out with them more in 2012.

some of the girls and our new year's head wear :)


part of the decorations on the mantle

not a good view, but the balloon ceiling.  i was pleased with how well this turned out.

adam, plus the table decorations
As for new year's resolutions, I don't really have one, but I guess it could be to follow through better.  I am really good at starting things and having really good intentions, but I am not so good at completing them...so if you catch me in this, please feel free to call me out. 

I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment