Walker decided that 6:30 would be a good time to wake up. He normally wakes up about 7:45, so I am just thinking he was way excited to see what Santa brought him. Marcus and I used to lay in bed on Christmas morning and open our gifts, but with Walker this tradition had to be modified a little. We both still really wanted to have just the three of us for Christmas morning before we got busy with all of the other family things that day. We showed Walker his new toys and all of the things he got from Santa. Walker loved playing with everything and checking it all out (note to self and new parents, open up the presents and assemble before hand. It is not fun to take away a new toy from a baby to get it out of the box. They do not like this!)
After presents, Walker went down for his morning nap. I prepared some food and got ready. Once Walker woke up we headed to my parent's house for Christmas lunch. This year my cousin Zach, his wife Ashley, and her mom joined us. Jetty and Sandy were also able to come. The food was delicious and Walker was able to try most of it, but preferred his apples and sweet potatoes. After lunch, we exchanged presents. Walker was catching on with the unwrapping and whole present idea. He loved all of the excitement and attention, but was worn out by the end of it. He needed some rocking and cuddles.
(side note...I had planned on Walker wearing his Santa pj's to my parents, but seconds before we were out the door he decided to have a blow out, our first in months. So, I had to give up on the Santa idea but stuck with something comfortable. However, I did put him in something a little nicer for the Necessary family.)
Once all of that was finished, we packed up and headed to Grandma and Grandpa Necessary's. This is a much larger and louder event than my family, and usually includes 35-40 people. It is a lot of fun, but was definitely over the top for Walker this year. I think it was because he wasn't feeling well and could only handle so much. However, he was a trooper and did play some and got involved with opening presents. At 7:00 though, it was time to go home and go to bed.
| SO tired |
Again, this was another great day and first Christmas for Walker. We are so blessed and thankful to have family and friends to surround us and celebrate with.
No comments:
Post a Comment